Feb 1, 2018
We are thrilled to announce that on February 6th we were finally able to sign a construction contract kick-starting a long-planned redevelopment project to build brand new almshouses here in Brixton.
Our new building replaces the old Colville House, a 1945 development named after our then President, the Lady Margaret Colville, which was demolished in 2015. It will continue to bear the late Lady Colville’s name and will be a four-story building comprising 18 flats (16 x 1-bed and 2 x 2-bed) with lift access and a spacious common room with kitchen. Its construction means that we will increase the number of women we can support from the current complement of seventeen to a maximum of forty. A new landscaped rear garden will link the new apartments with the existing ones and provide a beautiful open space for our residents to enjoy. We anticipate that the new building will be ready for occupation in late spring 2019. Watch this space for updates!